Sitting at your desk all day long can lead to slouching, poor posture, and eventually back pain and other spine-related issues. Therefore, understanding ergonomics is imperative in protecting your spine and preventing back pain. At FlexiSpot, we are pleased to introduce our latest ergonomic product, Premium Ergonomic Office Chair C7, to tackle this issue.
What Is Ergonomics?
Before we delve into the features and advantages of FlexiSpot Ergonomic Chair C7, we must first understand the concept of ergonomics. Ergonomics relates to how a worker can be more efficient and comfortable while working in the office. This also means determining the best way to sit comfortably and safely.
Proper Sitting Posture at a Desk
Scientifically speaking, you should be seated in the "90-90-90 position" while at your desk. Simply put, your elbows should be bent at 90° and both your hips and knees should be at 90° with your feet flat on the floor.
The center of your cervical spine, thoracic spine, and lumbar spine should be aligned on a straight line that is perpendicular to the floor. Thus, you should keep a straight back, and the curve of your chair should fit the natural curvature of your spine. Moreover, your computer monitor should be placed directly in front of you and about an arm's length away from your face.
When you are seated for an extended period of time, you can maintain the stability of your thoracic spine and give your lumbar spine some much-needed support by tilting your backrest backward. The optimal recline range is at an angle between 100° and 110°.
What Makes a Good Ergonomic Office Chair?
When choosing an ergonomic office chair, it is important to consider the following factors.
1. Adjustable seat height: The seat height of an ergonomic office chair should be adjustable. The ideal height ranges from 16″ to 21″ off the floor as this allows you to have your feet flat on the floor.
2. Seat width and depth: The seat should be wide and deep enough to support you comfortably. Generally, an ideal seat width lies between 17″ to 22″, and there should be a space of about 2″ to 4″ between the back of your knees and the front edge of the seat to maintain blood circulation. Plus, the forward or backward tilt of the seat should be adjustable to help reduce pressure on the muscles in your back.
3. Lumbar support: Our lumbar spine has a natural, inward curve, and sitting for prolonged periods without lower back support makes it challenging to maintain a proper posture. More stress will be placed on the muscles, and over time, this will lead to slouching. Slouching will flatten the natural curve of our lumbar spine and cause strain and other back problems. Therefore, an ergonomic chair with lumbar support will alleviate such issues by aligning your muscles and spine and reducing tension in your lower back.
4. Backrest: A higher backrest will provide better support for your torso, neck, and head. The backrest of an ergonomic office chair should be 12″ to 19″ wide, and it should be adjustable in height and angle if it is separate from the seat. In addition, it should come with a locking mechanism to keep the adjusted position in place. With this convenient feature, you do not have to adjust the backrest each time you use your chair, and it helps to improve your productivity at work.
5. Seat material: The seat and backrest of an office chair should contain enough padding so that you can sit on the chair comfortably for an extended period of time. A breathable mesh ergonomic office chair is preferable to one with a hard surface.
6. Armrests:A good ergonomic office chair should be equipped with adjustable armrests to allow you to rest your arms and relax your shoulders. There should be a 4″ gap between the armrests and the backrest. Cantilevered armrests should be placed 8″ to 10″ above the surface of the seat. Moreover, the armrests should be placed at least 17.2″ apart to fit most users.
7. Swivel: You should be able to rotate the ergonomic chair easily to reach other areas of your desk without straining.
FlexiSpot's newest product, C7 is here to improve your posture and make working at the desk a much more comfortable experience. Made for different types of bodies, FlexiSpot C7 is a functional and powerful chair that will relieve back pain and reduce stress on your body. It offers flexible adjustments in terms of its seat, backrest, armrests, and even headrest, thus making it the best ergonomic chair for office and remote workers alike.
A Comfortable Sitting Experience
FlexiSpot C7 has a large 20.5″ x 20″ seat, while most of our competitors offer seat sizes up to 20″ x 20″. Furthermore, you can choose from either a mesh or a foam seat. As a mesh seat is breathable, using a mesh ergonomic office chair is cooling and more suitable for those who live in warmer regions. On the other hand, the foam seat is made of high-resilience foam and will not become deformed under prolonged use.
In addition, the seat of FlexiSpot C7 is adjustable in terms of its height and depth with an adjustment range of 17.32″ to 19.69″ for the seat depth. On the contrary, ergonomic chairs offered by other brands do not allow you to adjust the seat depth.
FlexiSpot C7 lets you tilt its backrest forward or backward, and it even features a recline range from 90° to 128°. In other words, the chair has a maximum recline angle of 38°, while ergonomic chairs sold by other brands only offer a maximum recline angle of 22°. A greater recline range means that people with different sitting habits get to enjoy more comfort. Furthermore, FlexiSpot C7's backrest is separate from the seat and is equipped with a lumbar cushion. This cushion can be moved vertically and also forward and backward, so you can adjust it freely and lock it once it is in the right position. Thanks to its curved design, the lumbar cushion fits itself around your waist snugly to provide ample support for your lower back.
This ergonomic office chair also helps you to maintain a proper posture. The seat can be tilted forward to relieve pressure on the abdomen and thighs, improve blood circulation, and reduce fatigue. In addition, FlexiSpot C7 is equipped with three-dimensional armrests that can be shifted up and down, forward and backward, and left and right. What's more, the headrest is fully adjustable to support your neck. Usually, such features are not included in ergonomic office chairs sold by other brands and have to be purchased as add-ons.
Sturdy and Durable
FlexiSpot C7 is manufactured using materials of the highest quality. The mesh seat is made of quality materials imported from Germany, while the base of the seat uses materials imported from Italy. It even has a 360° swivel mechanism and can support up to 300 lb in weight. Moreover, FlexiSpot C7 has a tough and durable chair base with a smooth finish, making the entire chair look sleek and sturdy as a whole.
In short, FlexiSpot Premium Ergonomic Office Chair C7 is a reliable and long-lasting companion for your home and office. Not only will this highly adjustable ergonomic chair provide ample support to your body to reduce back pain and other spine-related issues, but it will also increase your productivity and help you achieve your goals at work. Best of all, you can reap all the benefits of this product at an affordable price of C$649.99 and also enjoy a warranty coverage of five years. By owning a FlexiSpot C7, you will get to enjoy a comfortable working experience, both at home and in your office.